Monday, February 6, 2012

Flipped

I'm sure you've heard the saying, "There are two sides to every story." Well, in the book, Flipped, by Wendelin Van Draanen, you get to hear them both.
Bryce and Julianna meet when Bryce moves into the house across the street the summer before second grade.

Bryce: "All I've ever wanted is for Juli Baker to leave me alone. For her to back off--you know, just give me some space . . . . She didn't just just barge into my life. She barged and shoved and wedged her way into my life . . . taking over and showing off like only Julie Baker can."


Julianna: "The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped. Honestly, one look at him and I became a lunatic. It's his eyes. Something in his eyes. They're blue, and framed in the blackness of his lashes, they're dazzling. Absolutely breathtaking . . . . I thought I would die for wanting to be with him."


Is there any hope for these two?

Find out by reading the book.


Then come to Great Reads for Girls, a mother-daughter book group, on Wednesday, February 8th at 7 p.m. in the basement of the library.

Watch an interview with the author, a former high school computer science teacher:



Watch a trailer of the movie adaptation:

No comments:

Post a Comment